Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Flip Flop Wreath

Since the 4th of July is over, it was time to take down the 4th of July wreath and put up a new summertime wreath. As I was scrolling through Pinterest, I found a cute flip flop wreath, so I decided to try my hand at it. I am kind of embarrassed to share how easy it was! But I will!

Materials:

4-6 pairs of flip flops (I bought mine on sale at Michaels, but you can find them anywhere)
1 wreath form (I used a wooden form I found in the floral department of Michaels, but you could use any wreath form, or you could make your own out of any sturdy material)
Embellishments of your choice
Paint (Optional-I used it to paint the wooden wreath form I used)
Scrapbook paper (Optional-I used it to glue on the front of the wreath form, but you could also just paint it, use washi tape, decorative duct tape, etc)
Hot glue (I used about 5 sticks of hot glue, so have plenty on hand)

Instructions:

Prepare your wreath form. I had some glittery scrapbook paper left from another project, so I cut it and glued it to the front of my wreath form. I also painted the sides and back using some left over turquoise paint.

Once the wreath form is ready, and before you get out the glue gun, place your flip flops and embellishments where you want them on the wreath form. This is very important because if you glue them first, it is next to impossible to move anything.

Once you have your flip flops and embellishments how you want them, get out your glue gun! But be careful-that glue is hot! (I only burned myself twice on this project, but I am still surprised every time by how hot that glue gets!)

Glue everything in place. Once the glue is dry, you are ready to hang. I used a small piece of ribbon that I tied between flip flops. Simple!

Here is the wreath hanging on my door!


So cute and so easy! Happy Summer everyone! And Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment